Yield 1 8” by 10” square cake pan
Mascarpone 500 grams
Ricotta cheese 500 grams
Espresso 2 cups
Lady fingers 24 pieces
Egg yolks 3
Sugar 1 1/2 cup
Grated chocolate 1 cup
Kirsch 2 ounces
morello cherries in syrup 3 cups
1. Bring a medium sized pot half filled with water to a boil on medium heat. In a large heatproof mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar over the pot of boiling water, creating a double boiler. 2. Whisk continuously until the mixture is light yellow and doubled in sized this will take about 5-7 minutes, set aside.
3. In a large bowl using a spatula combine the mascarpone, ricotta cheese, and Kirsch
4. Gently fold the egg yolk mixture with the mascarpone mixture.
5. To assemble the cake, dip each lady finger in the espresso. Line the bottom of the cake pan. Add a third of the cream mixture and spread across the lady fingers. Lightly sprinkle with shaved chocolate and place a layer of morello cherries. Continue to repeat this process 2 more times ending with a layer of cream.
6. Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
7. Garnish with grated chocolate and morello cherries.